What are essential oils? Essential oils are the essence of a plant, a gift from the earth, distilled and prepared for you to bring the power of nature into your home. Inside many plants—hidden in roots, seeds, flowers, bark and skin — are concentrated, highly potent chemical compounds. These natural compounds are essential oils.
Essential oils give a plant its scent, protect it from hazardous environmental conditions, and ensure the plant stays as healthy as it can in its environment. Humans have known for centuries that those same qualities can be used for our health and well-being
Pure essential oils offer an alternative to synthetic products. Essential oils are more than just natural products. Each have a unique chemical makeup, and have dozens of benefits for the body and mind. The basic dõTERRA essential oil kit should include Lavender, Lemon & Peppermint. These Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils are so safe they can be inhaled, applied topically or ingested
- Lavender is known as the Swiss Army Knife of oils due to its versatility
- Lavender offers a physically and emotionally calming and balancing effect on the body
- Lavender oil calms the nerves which allows for clearer thinking and decision making
- Lavender essential oil is the Number 1 oil to have in your kit at home for burns, due to its pain-relieving properties, the ability to reduce inflammation, and antimicrobial activity
- Studies have shown that Lavender essential oil increases slow-wave sleep which is instrumental for slowing the heart rate down and relaxing the muscles
- The highest quality essential oil is derived from steam distilling only the fresh Lavender flowers and no other part of the plant
- Lavender Essential oil has been used to emotionally balance, taking the person from Unheard to Expressed
- Other uses: Allergies, stings & bites, colic, crying, teething pain, dandruff, headaches, irritability & insomnia
- Lemon Essential Oil is often referred to as “Liquid Sunshine!”
- Lemon Oil possibly has the most powerful antimicrobial activity of all the essential oils.
- Both the Lemon fruit and the essential oil have been used in Ayurvedic medicines for thousands of years to treat a vast range of health issues Lemon Essential Oil is known to be invigorating, cleansing, and purifying
- Lemon Oil can boost energy and metabolism, uplift moods, and disinfect skin and surfaces In addition to promoting joy and being an excellent cleaner and purifier, lemon is also a gentle but powerful mental stimulant, often used to boost concentration and memory.
- Lemon oil has been used to emotionally balance, taking the person from Mindless to Energized
- Other uses : Anxiety, cold sores, colds, concentration, constipation, kidney stones & parasites Avoid sun exposure for 12 hours if used
- Peppermint essential oil is multi-purpose, earning it the reputation of being one of the most versatile oils in the world alongside Lavender oil
- Peppermint oil helps improve focus, boost energy, calm nerves and stimulate the mind – providing better focus and concentration
- Peppermint works on the digestive system (which Ayurvedically is linked to how we digest and process life). The oil is known to relieve symptoms such as flatulence, bloating and indigestion
- Peppermint oil acts as a muscle relaxant and pain reliever and therefore may diminish certain types of headaches. The menthol in peppermint oil increases blood flow and provides a cooling sensation
- Peppermint oil has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties will help relieve clogged sinuses
- Peppermint Essential oil has been used to emotionally take the person from Hindered to Invigorated
- Other uses: Alertness, bad breath, allergies, gastritis, sciatica, sinusitis, hot flashes